Sunday, November 2, 2008

Come on in and sit right down....If you want to just get up and shout.....yeah...yeah...yeah...come on down! (yaya for the Kid's moment song)

I just want to say how thankful I am to be apart of the body of Christ. Today at Highland it was a simple message from Shannon along with several people sharing their heart about service, gel groups, and fostering children. My heart is so full to know that at Highland Christian Church I am journeying alongside a team of Christ followers whose hearts are on the same page. I am so thankful one of our key goals is to pass on the baton of faith and leadership from one generation to the next. I am thankful to be a part of a non compartmentalized church. It is powerful and life giving to be in a group with children to senior adults sharing their hearts with one another. I am thankful for the creative arts used to worship Jesus each week, whether it be video, drama, the dancers, or a special song. I am thankful for the freedom to worship Jesus!

Jesus thank you thank you thank you for allowing me to be apart of your precious beloved, Highland Christian Church. Thank you for the diverse group of people you bring through the doors of the Orange Peel each Sunday morning. Thank you for the smaller more intimate groups that meet in homes throughout the week to encourage and support one another. Thank you that in your name, Jesus, we can gather to worship you. You are our King! Thank you for your love, loyalty, and friendship.

No comments: