Monday, November 17, 2008

Four generations in ONE house??

In my heart I really long and desire to live in constant community with people. I am praying and asking God to make this dream and desire of living in community with others a reality. I know I have talked to several people who have the same desire and in my mind I am like "why can't this just happen now!! Let's find some land buy it and start building!! or shoot even bust out tents! (well scratch the tent idea the winter month's are ahead...and it's cold)"
When I was little and even now sometimes I tell my dad I wish everyone I love, all of my friends and family could live together. And He would tell me "I know I used to wish we could have a big hotel and everyone live there together." Okay, well I guess having every single friend and family member living in one place is never going to be a reality because we are not all called to live in the same part of the world. But the idea of living in an intentional community with others where ever I am can be very real. When I was in Hawaii doing my DTS with YWAM I lived in a house with about 20 other girls. It was so great! It was so simple. I am experiencing an amazing community with my church family at Highland Christian Church and it is wonderful. But I long for more.
Anyways...i just wanted to do a post about this b/c it is something that has been on my mind for a while.

I tried to get this song on here but it wouldn't work. If you want to listen to it you can look it up, but I really like the last several verses of this song.


Every Minute by Sara Groves
I am long on staying.I am slow to leave,
Especially when it comes to you my friend
You have taught me to slow down,
And to prop up my feet.
It's the fine art of being who I am.

And I can't figure out why you want me around.
I'm not the smartest person I have ever met.
But somehow that doesn't matter,
No it really never mattered to you at all.

And at the risk of wearing out my welcome.
At the risk of self-discovery,
I'll take every moment,
And every minute that you give me.

And I can think of a time when families all lived together,
Four generations in one house.
And the table was filled with good food,
And friends and neighbors.
That's not how we like it now.

'Cause if you sit at home you're a loser,
Couldn't you find anything better to do?
Well, no, I couldn't think of one thing
I would rather waste my time on than
Sitting here with you.

And at the risk of wearing out my welcome.
At the risk of self-discovery,
I'll take every moment,
And every minute that you give me.

(Instrumental)

And I wish all the people I love the most
Could gather in one place,
And know each other and love each other well.
And I wish we could all go camping,
And lay beneath the stars,
And have nothing to do and stories to tell.

We'd sit around the campfire
And we'd make each other laugh,
Remembering when...
And you're the first one I'm inviting.
Always know that you're invited, my friend.

And at the risk of wearing out my welcome.
At the risk of self-discovery,
I'll take every moment,
And every minute that you give me.
Every moment, and every minute that you give me.
Every moment, and every minute that you give me.
Every minute...

**if you don't have any of Sara Groves music I highly recommend it. Her lyrics are really creative and genuine.

2 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

I would love that, too! I always wanted a big house with 4 seperate wings in it, with each wing being a house, and the middle being a large gathering place. It really would be special... My brother and his family could have one wing, we could have one, my sister and her fam. could have one, and my mom could have the other. Oh, the fun we would have!

So glad you are experiencing that sense of community where you are! I know it's a blessing to all of you! Love you, girl!

A Wanderer's Heart said...

preach it, girl! and I loved those lyrics, I'm going to have to look up that song.