Monday, November 24, 2008

running over boulders and fires in the oven!!

Just a little note to explain the title of today's post. First is running over boulders. Well, over the past two months i have ran over 2 huge rocks in two different driveways/yards! I am incredibly thankful that my car was not harmed or a tire busted! (my track record with tires is not clean!)
Secondly fires in the OVEN! Well, yesterday was the bring your favorite food to fight club. Alicia and I were making a strawberry cake...in this bunny shaped pan(just to be silly.) We filled the pan to much and the batter overflowed in the oven....causing it to burn...causing it to catch on fire! Oh my gosh!! there were small flames in the oven!! It was insane! but don't worry it was put out quickly! So yes to start this post off....I am thankful for all of my crazy crazy times and memories!!

Pre-thanksgiving thankfulness...
50 things/people I am thankful for in no particular order:
1. Asheville, North Carolina and all of the uniqueness that comes with it

2. The prayer gallery (i was just there tonight...so it's fresh in my thankfulness file)

3. Candles in the prayer gallery

4. friends who are my sisters!!

5. Lacy (my best friend since 4th grade)

6. Hailey (my BFF/sister friend)

7. Hope (my soulmate best friend....who has a unique way of making me laugh)

8. Tory (my best friend who I am so so thankful we have only gotten closer over the past
several years and we met b/c our parents forgot us at school)

9. Becca (my best friend who no matter how much time passes in between us talking or seeing each other....we instantly pick right up and fill each other in on life)

10. Christy (the best mentor in the world!!/another best friend/2nd mom/older sister...who always listens to me share my heart and then shares her heart with me)

11. Basically instant communication through technology

12. Modes of transportation

13. Jesus' great commission

14. Highland Christian Church

15. Jason and Doreen Garris and Zeke and Jude Garris (Zeke is possibly the cutest/funniest 2 year old I have ever met.

16. The Highland staff

17. my new friend Megan Coss(who I am really thankful for and know that a special friendship is
forming)

18. My semester in Colorado

19. My two friends who I discovered LOST with

20. Savannah

21. Elise

22. The TV show LOST

23. The new kids and people I am building relationships with at Highland.

24. My favorite kids in the world who live in Nashville, Haylee and Jack Gold, they my unbiological little sister and brother!!

25. The precious little girls who dance in the front of the orange peel each sunday morning. They are so purely worshiping Jesus!

26. My time with Youth With A Mission

27. Hononlulu Hawaii

28. My DTS family

29. My outreach team

30. The 2 1/2 month adventure that outreach was in Fiji and Vanuatu!

31. My mom and dad (who I know I am only going to appreciate and love more as I get older) I
love them and their unconditional love for me is such an amazing picture of Jesus' love for me.

32. My nana

33. My grandad

34. My grandma

35 My Pa

36. My Ma(great grandmother)

37. My Papa(great grandfather)

38. Kelsey (who I seriously can not imagine my life without her! She is such a great cousin! I am
thankful for all of our time together!)

39. Chloe and her cheerful HELLO when she answers the phone

40. basically all of my family and all of our crazy memories!

41. The Father

42. Jesus

43. Holy Spirit

44. The freedom that only comes from JESUS!!

45. God's living and active WORD!

46. Different weather seasons

47. Snow

48. Snowboarding!!

49. Family Vacations

50. Growing up going out on the lake, knee boarding, tubing, and wake boarding.

51. one additional thankful thing...my job at starbucks

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

We're thankful for you! And I can so relate to running over the boulders. I've done my share (lately) of dent damage - to James' jeep - in driving out of the driveway! :-(