Monday, October 13, 2008

India...sweet India

So I will be going to India January 4th-21st 2009!!! I am going with 5 other individuals and can NOT wait. It is a very short trip only two weeks but I believe it is going to be an incredible experience. I am excited to see this part of the world. I knew God was going to take me to India sometime in the future b/c this past summer two of my best friends spent their summer break in India. I could have gone with them but it was not the right time for me. When I decided not to go with them, I felt the Lord telling me, "it's okay, you will be going there sometime in the future."
So that time is coming up in less than 3 months! I love other countries! It is such an exciting time. I love all of the unfamiliar sights, sounds, tastes, modes of transportation,...i guess really the whole unfamiliar way of living.
Something I have realized through traveling in other countries and meeting new friends. Is that we all have the same heart. No matter what nation or part of the world you live in deep down you were created to love and be loved. It is so beautiful to look past the differences and see into people's hearts. I mean isn't that what Jesus has done for each of us? He loved and loves us before we even knew/know Him. So whether it's in Asheville or India I long to love people as Jesus loves me.

No comments: