Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Get out while you can; get out of this sick and stupid culture!

So last night I was thinking and praying about what it would look like for lost teenage girls...who are caught up in everything but Jesus to let go of it all and experience true life in JESUS. I was reading my Bible in the book of Acts at Pentecost and umm 3 thousand souls were added to the Kingdom of Heaven in one gathering.
Here is just a little of the scripture from Acts 2

Cut to the quick, those who were there listening asked Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers! Brothers! So now what do we do?"

Peter said, "Change your life. Turn to God and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, so your sins are forgiven. Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is targeted to you and your children, but also to all who are far away—whomever, in fact, our Master God invites."

He went on in this vein for a long time, urging them over and over, "Get out while you can; get out of this sick and stupid culture!"(Acts 2 37-41The Message)

In my mind and my heart I ponder and dream about the sight of multitudes of young girls whose hearts are broken and wounded by the enemy radically experiencing healing through Jesus Christ. The message that Paul was preaching the "Get out while you can: get out of this sick and stupid culture" I want express to girls here in Asheville. I imagine girls who feel so alone and trapped in their sin...openly repenting and allowing the Light into the darkest part of their lives.

When one girl gets enough courage to speak out and share her secret struggles with sin then another girl begins to get really nervous because in her heart she is feeling and thinking "holy crap....i struggle with the same thing....I thought I was the only one..."then that girl gets enough courage to repent of her sin. And it is a huge domino effect of girls experiencing FREEDOM from darkness and secret lives of sin! It is the simple but oh so powerful message of :"Change your life. Turn to God and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, so your sins are forgiven." Turning from our sin and repenting and turning to JESUS.

Jesus I pray that your light would somehow get to the darkest places in the schools of Asheville. That girls who laugh at the thought of you would begin to question and wonder about you Jesus. May girls somehow experience your satisfying unfailing unconditional love. Jesus rescue lost hearts.

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

Hi precious friend! What an awesome Word! I totally forgot you had a blog. Have now added you to my blogroll so I can keep up better. I love you and am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!! Jen